Friday, August 22, 2008

State Fair with Munchkins



I returned a long-overdue favor and helped my sister take her little ones to the State Fair. (She had gone with me and my little girls many times, many moons ago.) We spent a whole lot of time at horse-related exhibits yesterday. My niece Sonya is in the legally required horse lovin' phase of her life.



This shot is in the 4H building. Don't let Sonya's sleepy expression fool you, the chicks are fun to hold. And Cole does look a little too cool for it all. But trust me, we all liked holding the chicks. Ryleigh needed help not squishing them and because I'm holding the camera, I couldn't help her hold a chick just then. But she had her chance and no chicks were harmed. At this point, Ryleigh is just modeling the family's patriotic look. Luckily, my sister did not make me wear matching clothing. This will ensure that I'll help her again next year.

1 comment:

Laura said...

We all enjoyed the blog. Ryleigh still talks about squeezing the chicks, because she "loves them" and Cole keeps telling her she can't. Sonya thinks she is a celebrity now. Some how taking your little ones was much easier. Thanks for the fun filled day and glad to see we can do it again. I even have that in writing!! Laura